6.21.2005

Another aspect of Immigration debate

I discovered this interesting and inflammatory site from a link on Free Republic. It brings up a facet of the immigration debate I had not previously thought of.
If an an illegal commits crimes in the United States, there are fewer, if any, ways of tracking him or her and subsequently bringing them to justice. Specifically mentioned on this site is the situation with illegal sex offenders who aren't put on any of the lists or databases used to track citizen offenders. This is a deeply concerning development. The site also claims that an Immigration and Customs Enforcement operation rounded up over 4,000 illegal sexual predators, over 200 of them in IL.
I have found myself rationalizing both sides of the discussion involving President Bush's guest worker plan, but the more I here about the ugly side of illegals and their burden on American taxpayers, the more I am opposed to such legislation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home