6.29.2005

It's All About 9/11

This beatiful article by Andrew C. McCarthy of NRO defends President Bush's use of 9/11 last night in his remarks at Fort Bragg. In it, he goes through step by step how Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda were directly involved with eachother, criticizing the "no connection" crowd along the way. It is very informative.
I myself have never bothered to challenge the notion that Iraq and Al Qaeda had no relations. It doesn't matter to me, and it shouldn't matter to you. Why? Because as I repeatedly said in my not-so-stellar debate performance last fall, we are in a war on terror, not a war on Osama Bin Laden or a war on Al Qaeda. This is about defeating terrorists, not a certain subset of them. In the debate I qouted John Kerry himself stating that Saddam was a terrorist. No can reasonably deny that this was true. Therefore, it made perfect sense to after Saddam with or without a conection to 9/11. Furthermore, his terrorist like actions against his people and constant violation of UN resolutions necessitated action with or without WMDs as well.
So in light of all this, the Saddam/Al Qaeda connection hasn't really interested me much, so I foolishly bought the mainstream media lie that it was nonexistent. McCarthy brings the proof needed and then some. Interestingly, many of his points are from documents and statements from the Clinton administration and it's appointees. Don't believe me? Read the article.

1 Comments:

Blogger J. said...

I can't say that I read the article, or that I'm nearly as well informed as you are about these things, but I do have to say that I agree with your point about eliminating Saddam as a threat regardless of his connection to 9/11. People nowadays fail to realize that had somebody suggested taking out Osama Bin Laden before 9/11 happened, there probably would have been a similar uproar about unprovoked attacks. It's better to take the proactive approach than react to incidents after they've happened.

20:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home